The hundred-year legacy and educational journey of Miloje Čiplić Elementary School in Novi Bečej, documented through a monograph that reveals its history, community contributions, and lasting impact on generations of education.

Explore the hundred-year evolution of Miloje Čiplić Elementary School in Novi Bečej through comprehensive monographs that trace its development since its founding in 1908, highlighting significant milestones, community contributions, and continuous impact on education. Emphasizing a lasting legacy that inspires future generations within the local community.

Elementary school
Featured

History of the School

The first mention of the elementary school with solid evidence dates back to the year 1758. At that time, the school accommodated as many as 20 students per class, with a total of four classes.

In Novi Bečej, craftsmen and traders at the beginning of the 20th century, due to their needs for educated personnel, submitted a request to the county school supervision in Veliki Bečkerek on November 21, 1907, seeking assistance to establish a civic school at the Ministry of Education in Budapest.

Following the decision of the Ministry of Education of Austria-Hungary in Budapest on September 6, 1908, the Civic School in our town commenced operations under the name ÁLLAMI ELEMI NÉPISKOLA or POLGÁRI ISKOLA. The first director of the Civic School was Dr. Kencel József (Dr. Köncöl József). There were separate departments for girls and boys.

Classes were held in the building of Dunđerski, located at the site of the "Tiski cvet" hotel. Due to an increased number of students, the building could no longer meet the requirements. Therefore, on June 26, 1909, the municipality of Novi Bečej purchased land on the main street to construct a new building for the needs of the civic school.

Just over a year later, on December 8, 1910, the school was consecrated and handed over for use. This is the building of today's Elementary School "Miloje Čiplić" in Novi Bečej.

From the year 1921, the school became coeducational under the name DRŽAVNA GRAĐANSKA ŠKOLA, with classes conducted in the Serbian language. One of the first and longtime principals of the school was Vuk L. Radović.

The Civic School mainly served children from Novi Bečej and Vranjevo, and from 1932, children from German villages around Kikinda also enrolled in the school.

After the Second World War in 1945, when Novi Bečej was renamed to Vološinovo, the Civic School changed its name to Niža realna gimnazija Vološinovo. This name was held until 1952 when it was changed to Eight-Year School Novi Bečej, lasting until the school year 1955/56.

On April 21, 1955, the school officially received its current name OŠ "Miloje Čiplić", named after the renowned writer and revolutionary Miloje Čiplić, who perished as a victim of fascism during the Second World War.

Thus, this year marks the centennial celebration of the existence of this building, which has never had a purpose other than educational and upbringing, and has served as such throughout all these years.

Related Articles

In Memoriam 16.06.1981.

In Memoriam

Dr. Pataki Laslo

Dr. Vajs Bela